Yonkers DWI/ DUI Defense Lawyer
In New York and other states, the penalties for drinking and driving are very severe. This is because the consequences of doing so can be catastrophic, resulting in accidents causing property damage, physical injuries, and even death. According to the New York DMV, one third of all traffic fatalities in New York involve intoxicated or impaired drivers or pedestrians. A driver with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 is 4 times more likely to cause a crash as a non-drinking driver.
If you have been cited for drunk driving, you are no longer governed by traffic court. Drunk driving is a serious criminal offense which requires the legal assistance of a DWI/DUI defense attorney well-versed in the law and familiar with the court system and police agencies involved. Because it is a criminal offense, you will be arrested and then required to go to court to face a criminal law judge. Having a Yonkers DWI/DUI defense attorney at your side may go a long way in minimizing the penalties and fines you may face in court. An attorney at our firm can create a defense strategy on your behalf based on your particular circumstances.
Yonkers, NY DWI/DUI Crimes
New York prosecutes the following crimes in this category:
- Driving while intoxicated, with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or higher or drivers who demonstrate other evidence of being intoxicated.
- Driving while ability impaired by alcohol. You may be convicted with a blood alcohol concentration between .05 and .07% or if you show other evidence that you are impaired.
- Driving while ability impaired by drugs. Drugs or controlled substances also make dangerous drivers.
- Chemical test refusal. You are required to submit to a blood, breath, or urine test if asked to do so by a police officer. Refusing to do so may result in your license being revoked and a $350 civil penalty.
- Zero tolerance law. It's illegal for anyone under 21 to drive with a blood alcohol concentration of .02% or above.
Are you facing DWI or DUI charges?
Contact Yonkers DWI/DUI defense lawyer
Aaron G. Baily for help with your case today!